- The default name and number on this ring is JOHNSON 43
- We custom each ring for our customers but not sell it in stocks.
- You can custom your ring with your name and number or your favourite player's name and number, your personalized engraving, your favourite metal (available in copper, 925 sterling silver, 10k gold, 14k gold).
- We usually finish the whole custom process of your favourite ring and arrange shipping about 10 business days, a tracking number will be sent to you after shipment made.
Please read the instructions carefully before you place an order for your favourite ring and make sure it's entirely understandable and acceptable to you, If you want to know more information about our rings and process, read the [Purchase info] on the left side of the page, please feel free to consult our customer service if you need any help. [Service@championshipringclub.com]
The 1987–88 season saw the Lakers win their eleventh NBA championship, defeating the Detroit Pistons in a seven-game final to become the NBA’s first repeat champions since the Boston Celtics did it in the 1968–69 NBA season. In doing so, the Lakers made good on Pat Riley's famous promise to repeat as champions. “I will guarantee you,” Riley said after the Lakers’ 1987 championship win, “we’re gonna repeat.” Before that, the Lakers swept the San Antonio Spurs in the opening round. The following two rounds would not be as easy for the Lakers, but they still managed to get through a tough seven-game series against the Jazz and Mavericks, respectively.
The 1988 Finals proved the last time the Magic Johnson-era Lakers would win the NBA Championship. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar abruptly retired after another NBA Finals appearance the following year, in which the Lakers were swept in four straight by the rejuvenated Pistons. Although they made the Finals in 1991, the Lakers lost to the Michael Jordan-led Chicago Bulls in five games. After that, the Lakers did not make another Finals appearance and win another NBA Championship until 2000. It was also the final time the Lakers won the Championship at The Forum.
1988 Los Angeles Lakers Championship Ring
- Product Code: CRCNBA 1988
- Availability: In Stock